Smart Decisions is used for solving problems
It is unique in that it takes a full lifecycle view of the problem-solution and provides a robust, transparent "Record of Decision"
- Problem Definition: tools to help ensure the problem is thoroughly understood before rushing to solution mode
- Ideas Generation: creativity and Triz tools to help generate ideas or options to solve the problem
- Evaluation: multi criteria approach to selecting the best idea or option
- Implementation: project management tools for the implementation of the preferred option
- Measures of Effectiveness: benefits management tools to confirm that the implemented solution adequately addressed the original problem
The problem can be anything where there isn't an obvious solution and it's complicated: it could be strategy development, R&D, project management or a business improvement